How to Make Mini Spooky Pizzas
Halloween is the perfect opportunity to let your creativity loose in the kitchen, turning ordinary meals and snacks into super-spooky alternatives. If you’re baking for a Halloween party, or just want to liven up dinnertime on the big night, we’ve got a winning snack: mini spooky pizzas. Create scary spider webs complete with black olive spiders, or creepy mummy designs with piercing olive eyes!
- English Muffins or Mini Pizza Bases
- Tomato Pizza Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Black Olives
METHOD: Mini Spider & Mummy Pizzas
- Preheat your oven to 220°C (200°C fan or gas mark 7).
- Cut each English muffin in half and place them on lined baking sheet. If you’re using mini pizza bases, just place them on the baking sheet – there’s no need to cut them.
- Evenly spread your tomato pizza sauce on each base, leaving about a centimetre around the edge for a crust. Lightly brush the crust with olive oil to allow it to crisp up, and then sprinkle a little bit of cheese all over the pizzas.
- Place in the oven to bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the crust has turned golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and create a spider web pattern or criss-cross mummy look with your grated mozzarella cheese. Cut up your olives into slices and place them over the top, either in a spider shape or as a mummy’s eyes.
- Return to the oven, but only until the cheese melts a little – you don’t want it melting too much or it’ll ruin your spooky design! Remove from the oven again, and serve.