Looking to take your sewing skills to the next level, but don't know how? This is the fourth DVD in a set of six teaching creative machine sewing techniques, and allows you to see new techniques in action!
This module takes you through all the techniques and steps necessary to make the Puffing Square from Pauline’s award-winning Heirloom Quilt.
- The technique explaining how to sew Spanish Hemstitching or Faggoting uses a coffee stirrer, so no expensive attachments are needed!
- Tips for getting a sharp, raised pin-tuck are included
- Transforming your decorative stitches by sewing them over cord and ribbon is shown
- You will learn how to sew ‘puffing’ and about the grain of your fabric
- Use a wing needle and cord to transform one of your decorative stitches
- Learn how to mitre corners with ribbon and tape and to join the ends with a machine mitred seam
- Make the three dimensional ‘tulip’ shapes that are in the centre of the Puffing Square
- Instructions are given on how to keep two rows of decorative stitches even when mirror imaging.
Samples are shown throughout to spark ideas for using the techniques on projects of your own... the only limit is your own imagination!
Perfect for all abilities who want to take their sewing machine skills to the next level.
- 1 x Pauline Ineson Creative Machine Sewing Techniques DVD - Module 4
- Spanish Hemstitching/Faggoting, Mirror Imaging, Sewing over Cord, Corded Entredeux, Puffing, Twin Needle Pin-tucks, Sewing over Ribbon, Dimensional Tulips, Covering a Raw Edge Applique Square with Ribbon or Tape
Your order will be despatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere.Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied, your item* may be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days (unless otherwise specified)
from the date of despatch. *Please note: Exceptions apply. Please click here for more information.