The Original and Multi-Award Winning TV Craft Channel

• Sky 674
  • Freeview 23
  • Virgin 748
  • Freesat 813

Price Crash
Back

Brother FS130QC 130 Stitch Computerised Sewing Machine with Built-in Sewing Font, Wide Table and 3 Year Warranty

303227
Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 314 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Love my Brother Fs130qc Love this machine. Took a few days to get use to the needle threader but I was use to a cartridge loading machine which also is a brother and I bought that from ideal world quite a few years ago a CS8080. Love using the alphabet and I'm personal using everything. I have made a lap quilt with family and loved ones names on and a bed runner matching my cushions in the bedroom. I highly recommend this machine 22 September 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by A brilliant machine I bought this machine in March to replace my old 25 year old sewing machine. My previous machine was one of the first computerised machines around and back then cost over £500. So the value alone is worth buying, especially at half price. I use this machine every weekend and have sewn everything from faux leather to organza on it. I would recommend this machine to anyone looking to up grade or starting from scratch. It's a great companion to my overlocker and embroidery machines and i couldn't be without it. 20 September 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Love love love! I have 5 machines but this machine is out all the time. Had it over a month now and I have pretty much done all my Christmas projects. Great for the beginner and experienced sew'er alike. If you are a beginner you will grow with this machine and soon be an experienced sew'er. Don't delay buy it straight away. 20 September 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Absolutely brilliant This machine is marvellous. I cannot praise it enough, I have had a brother machine for nearly 20yrs which still works and when I saw this machine on Create and craft and watched the lovely Sarah demonstrate it I had to have it.I have been thinking about upgrading for a long time and am so thrilled I chose this one I must admit I have not yet used all the things /tasks it can due to work and time but everything I have done so far has been successful It is so easy to use You just cannot go wrong. I would certainly recommend this machine to anyone who is thinking of buying a new machine BUY IT 16 September 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by good product didn't expect anything else from Brother, good price Love the machine, its so light to carry just what I needed for taking to my quilting classes 16 September 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by lovely machine very light, ideal for taking to sewing club At last I have got 2 of my grand children interested in sewing after many years of trying and it is all thanks to this machine. It is very easy to use but because it is computerised they were keen to have a go. My 16yr old, who has never used a sewing machine before made a pencil case which entailed putting in a zip, sewing in a lining and top stitching, which she accomplished excellently. My 9 year old wanted to make a picture so she drew a sunflower cut it out and cut out material then using the flower picture for a template she made it into an applique picture. As she is too small to reach the foot pedal she used the machine set to slow with out the pedal, under supervision of course, she even managed to sew circle. They are both now eager to start new projects. I think this proves the machine is not only easy to use but is also a pleasure to use. Over the three weeks I have had the machine it has been in constant use I have tried out all the functions and stitches and I am impressed. It is a very useful machine because it is so light and a lot smaller than my other computerised machines it is extremely convenient to use because there is no effort in getting it out to use for the small jobs I would usually hand sew because getting out the larger machine was so much hassle. It is my 'midget gem' wish I had bought it sooner 08 September 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Brilliant. Love it. Excellent value. Lightweight. Easy to set up. Excellent instruction book and DVD. Lots of features and so many stitches! I've been sewing for over 40 years on and off. This excellent machine has renewed my enthusiasm for sewing. 08 September 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by love it.... Lovely easy machine to work with - useful manual and DVD - love the extra table extension - so useful - still haven't mastered the needle threader but I won't let it beat me. It makes my quilting so much easier to do and the finish is now quite professional 06 September 2016
  • 2016-09-23 T05:30:04.820-05:00
  • bvseo_lps, prod_bvrr, vn_prr_5.6
  • cp-1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_314, tr_314
  • loc_en_US, sid_303227, prod, sort_default
2 3 4 5 ... 40 next>>
(9 Questions | 37 Answers)

Product Q&A

Ask your questions. Share your answers.

« Back

Gender: Female
1 month ago
england

Please wait while more information about flutterbyjudy is loaded.
Additional information about flutterbyjudy could not be loaded.
Closed to new answers
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
its purely optional. you can use foot pedal or start/stop at any point you want to
1 month ago
by

Please wait while more information about madaboutcrafting is loaded.
Additional information about madaboutcrafting could not be loaded.

Answer:
No the machine sews without the foot control
3 weeks, 2 days ago
by

Please wait while more information about craftysioues is loaded.
Additional information about craftysioues could not be loaded.

Answer:
l have left the foot control in the box, l am in a wheelchair so only use the hand control which is brilliant
3 weeks ago
by

Please wait while more information about brucey is loaded.
Additional information about brucey could not be loaded.

Answer:
You don't have to use the foot control, in fact, mine is still sealed and unused.
2 weeks, 6 days ago
Anonymous
High Wycombe

Answer:
You can use either method. I have a bad back and hours sewing can aggrevate it so changing from foot pedal to using the start/stop button combined with the speed slider really helps me be able to finish a project. Good Luck!
3 weeks ago
by

Please wait while more information about Jackyh137 is loaded.
Additional information about Jackyh137 could not be loaded.

Answer:
This machine comes with both. I find this function really useful as I have a bad back and the start/stop and speed control means I can sew long straight runs with ease.
3 weeks ago
by

Please wait while more information about Jackyh137 is loaded.
Additional information about Jackyh137 could not be loaded.

Answer:
You can use either. it comes with the foot controller, but you can leave it off and use the start stop on the machine instead.
2 weeks, 6 days ago
Isle of wight UK

Please wait while more information about fluffysammy is loaded.
Additional information about fluffysammy could not be loaded.

3 weeks ago
by

Please wait while more information about brucey is loaded.
Additional information about brucey could not be loaded.

Answer:
You can use the start and stop button if the foot pedal isn't plugged in. Hope this helps.
2 weeks, 6 days ago
by

Please wait while more information about Tink29 is loaded.
Additional information about Tink29 could not be loaded.

As shown on TV 21.08.2016

You can use the machine with the footpedal for upto 850 stitches per minute
or remove it and use the press button for a slower speed
Gender: Female
1 month ago
Bristol

Please wait while more information about carddesigner is loaded.
Additional information about carddesigner could not be loaded.
0out of 0found this answer helpful.
I would prefer one with a hard cover
Gender: Female
1 month ago
by

Please wait while more information about Dizzydawn is loaded.
Additional information about Dizzydawn could not be loaded.
Closed to new answers
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

It has a hard cover.
3 weeks, 3 days ago
by

Please wait while more information about Genseida is loaded.
Additional information about Genseida could not be loaded.

Hard Cover as shown on TV 21.08.2016
Gender: Female
1 month ago
Bristol

Please wait while more information about carddesigner is loaded.
Additional information about carddesigner could not be loaded.

Answer:
It comes with both although the hard cover does not lock it into place so a glorified dust cover really.
2 weeks, 6 days ago
Anonymous
High Wycombe

Answer:
It comes with a hard cover and although this is meant to be a positive (I suppose for transporting it that is true) I am going to make a padded fabric cover as the hard cover is bulky to put on/off and doesnt fit at all with the table on and sits 'wonky'. Hope this helps.
3 weeks ago
by

Please wait while more information about Jackyh137 is loaded.
Additional information about Jackyh137 could not be loaded.

Answer:
The machine has a hard cover
3 weeks, 2 days ago
by

Please wait while more information about craftysioues is loaded.
Additional information about craftysioues could not be loaded.

Answer:
Mine came with a hard cover for storage
3 weeks, 1 day ago
by

Please wait while more information about Karenandco is loaded.
Additional information about Karenandco could not be loaded.

hard cover
3 weeks ago
by

Please wait while more information about brucey is loaded.
Additional information about brucey could not be loaded.

AS shown on TV 21.08.2016

This machine comes with a hard cover
Gender: Female
1 month ago
Bristol

Please wait while more information about carddesigner is loaded.
Additional information about carddesigner could not be loaded.

This machine comes with a hard cover as shown on TV 21.08.2016
Gender: Female
1 month ago
Bristol

Please wait while more information about carddesigner is loaded.
Additional information about carddesigner could not be loaded.

Answer:
A hard cover is included.
2 weeks, 6 days ago
by

Please wait while more information about Lockleylady is loaded.
Additional information about Lockleylady could not be loaded.
Gender: Female
1 month ago
Sheffield

Please wait while more information about Dawnk is loaded.
Additional information about Dawnk could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
perfect for travel,not that heavy a machine but very well made.
2 weeks, 6 days ago
by

Please wait while more information about Fineboy is loaded.
Additional information about Fineboy could not be loaded.

Answer:
Not sure how much it weighs but is a lot lighter than my old Brother machine
3 weeks, 2 days ago
by

Please wait while more information about craftysioues is loaded.
Additional information about craftysioues could not be loaded.

Answer:
I haven't weighed it but I can lift this machine using my right hand underneath the top part. I was very relieved to be able to lift this machine so easily as my old machine, a New Home 577, is cast metal and weighs a ton and I had problems putting it away in it's storage table. I don't think you will have any problems transporting this machine it is so light.
2 weeks, 4 days ago
by

Please wait while more information about Macky is loaded.
Additional information about Macky could not be loaded.

Answer:
It is a very light weight machine. I purchased it for the same reason and was both very surprised and pleased at how light it is.
2 weeks ago
by

Please wait while more information about Barstev is loaded.
Additional information about Barstev could not be loaded.

Hi Dawnk
Apologies for the delayed response; this machine weighs o 8.4kg
1 week, 3 days ago
Create and Craft

Please wait while more information about LisaCreateandCraft1 is loaded.
Additional information about LisaCreateandCraft1 could not be loaded.
Gender: Female

Products related to my question
Brother FS130QC 130 Stitch Computerised Sewing Machine with Built-in Sewing Font and Wide Table with 3 Year Warranty
4.7 out of 5(3)

1 month ago
by

Please wait while more information about janmat is loaded.
Additional information about janmat could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
Yes it does, located just above the left part of the machine with the needle at the bottom. There are three buttons in a vertical row: Top one is needle lift / needle drop, Middle one is Reverse, and the Bottom one is Start or Stop.
3 weeks, 3 days ago
by

Please wait while more information about Genseida is loaded.
Additional information about Genseida could not be loaded.

Answer:
Yes it does have a start stop button
3 weeks, 2 days ago
by

Please wait while more information about craftysioues is loaded.
Additional information about craftysioues could not be loaded.

Answer:
Yes mine has a start stop button
3 weeks, 1 day ago
by

Please wait while more information about Karenandco is loaded.
Additional information about Karenandco could not be loaded.

Answer:
Yes it does! This is the first machine I've had with this function and I am finding it really useful.
3 weeks ago
by

Please wait while more information about Jackyh137 is loaded.
Additional information about Jackyh137 could not be loaded.
+1point
1out of 1found this answer helpful.

3 weeks ago
by

Please wait while more information about brucey is loaded.
Additional information about brucey could not be loaded.
0out of 0found this answer helpful.
When sewing the machine is very noisy and a metal chinking noise is very off putting. Would I be best to return the machine and get another. Rang Brother customer help line and was spoken to like a child, just need some advice
Gender: Female
2 weeks, 6 days ago
by

Please wait while more information about superbabe is loaded.
Additional information about superbabe could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
my machine makes no clunking noise, i would return for a fresh
2 weeks, 6 days ago
by

Please wait while more information about Fineboy is loaded.
Additional information about Fineboy could not be loaded.

Answer:
I would get in touch with Customer service at Create and Craft, i'm sure they will put you in the picture as to what to do, but it shouldn't make a clicking sound as my machine is quiet as it should be, so good luck and happy sewing.
2 weeks, 6 days ago
by

Please wait while more information about Brooky is loaded.
Additional information about Brooky could not be loaded.

Answer:
Yes I noticed that noise and was a bit concerned at first, I have had the machine for 3 weeks and continued to use it, it sews fine and chinking stops after a while. I agree it is a noisy machine but I put that down to it being so light weight.
2 weeks ago
by

Please wait while more information about Barstev is loaded.
Additional information about Barstev could not be loaded.

Answer:
yes my machine does the same thing the bobbin clunks making the machine noisy whereas the motor runs quietly
2 weeks, 5 days ago
by

Please wait while more information about daffodil09 is loaded.
Additional information about daffodil09 could not be loaded.
  • 2016-09-23 T05:15:57.270-05:00
  • bvseo_lps, prod_bvqa, vn_prr_5.6
  • cp-1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers
  • loc_en_US, sid_303227, prod, sort_default
2 next>>
  • 2016-09-23 T05:15:57.275-05:00
  • bvseo_lps, prod_bvqa, vn_prr_5.6
  • cp-1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers
  • loc_en_US, sid_303227, prod, sort_default
2 next>>

The Brother FS130QC 130 Stitch Computerised Sewing Machine has 130 decorative stitches built into the machine, including one type of sewing font!

Tried and tested for both the beginner sewer and the advanced quilter, this fantastic machine is equipped with a bright LCD display screen and digital stitch selection buttons for quick and easy browsing through stitches.

The FS130QC not only allows you to beautify your quilts, but also personalise clothing and home furnishings with your own text.

Providing a 7-point feed system to allow for effortless sewing on even the thickest fabrics, Brother have truly outdone themselves this time!

This innovative machine is even built with quilters in mind, boasting a wide range of features and necessary accessories to produce a full-sized quilt.

On top of all this, you'll also receive a selection of sewing machine feet to cater for a range of quilting techniques, as well as a wide extension table to extend the workspace for more fabric - and bigger quilts!

Click the 'Specifications' tab for more information!

Contents:

• 1 x Brother FS130QC 130 Stitch Computerised Sewing Machine with Built-in Sewing Font, Wide Table, 3 Year Warranty and Accessories

Click the 'Contents' tab to see what comes with this fantastic machine!

Machine Type: Computerised
    • Quarter Inch Quilting Foot
    • Eyelet Punch
    • Wide Extension Table
    • Instruction Book
    • Instruction DVD
    • Accessory Pack:
      • Zigzag Foot (on machine)
      • Buttonhole Foot
      • Overcasting Foot
      • Monogramming Foot
      • Zipper Foot
      • Blind Stitch Foot
      • Button Fitting Foot
      • Seam Ripper
      • 4 Bobbins (one on machine)
      • Needle Set
      • Twin Needle
      • Ball Point Needle
      • Cleaning Brush
      • Disc Shaped Screwdriver
      • Spool Cap (large)
      • Spool Cap (medium - on machine)
      • Spool Cap (small)
      • Extra Spool Pin
      • Foot Controller

Your order will be despatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere.Click here for more information.

We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it may be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days (unless otherwise specified) from the date of despatch. Please click here for more information.

Club Members Save 10%