How to Make a Hanging Ghost
Make your front garden extra ghoulish with a handmade hanging ghost, ready to greet trick or treaters as they approach your door! Halloween decorations don’t have to be complex to achieve a desired spooky aesthetic; if you’re looking for simple but effective Halloween decoration ideas this year, look no further than an old sheet and some embellishments.
- Large Styrofoam Ball
- Black Thick Tip Marker Pen
- Eye Screws
- Cheese Cloth or Old White Sheet
- White String
METHOD: Haunting Hanging Ghost
- Take a Styrofoam ball and stick an eye screw at the very top using glue. Allow to dry completely, preferably for 24 hours.
- After the eye screw is completely dry, paint or draw two large eyes and a spooky mouth using a black marker pen. Again, allow to dry before covering with white cloth.
- Take an old white bed sheet or cheese cloth and place it over the top of the Styrofoam ball. Cut strips at the bottom of the material, and then rip it to create a distressed, tattered look.
- Take your ghost from the eye screw at the top and snip a hole so you can pass the string through – this will enable you to hang your ghost on a branch or in your home.
- Tie string around shreds of cloth at the sides, bring them up, and tie them high up to give the illusion of the ghost holding its hands up, ready to get unsuspecting passers-by!