How To Make Hanging Felt Pumpkins
Looking for a quick and easy way to transform door handles, plant pots, coat hooks and a whole host of other home décor items in time for Halloween? Then fear not! These bold and beautiful felt pumpkins are easy to hang all around your home, adding not-so-spooky, but seriously cute charm to your Halloween decorations. Better yet, they only take minutes to make – what’s not to love?!
- Orange Felt
- Crop-A-Dile Eyelet & Snap Punch
- Craft Punch
- Craft Knife
- Cutting Mat
- Cord, Twine or Ribbon
METHOD: Hanging Felt Pumpkins with a Signature Smile
- Create your pumpkin template by drawing out a pumpkin shape on a piece of cardboard, and cutting this out using sharp scissors. This will be your reusable template to ensure that all the felt pumpkins you produce will be uniform in shape and size.
- Lay out your orange felt on a flat surface and put your cardboard pumpkin template on top. Draw around the pumpkin shape, then remove the template. Repeat this a number of times across your sheet of felt, until you have plenty of pumpkin outlines ready for cutting out!
- Using a very sharp pair of scissors (smaller scissors are better for cutting out intricate details), cut out all your pumpkin shapes.
- Use a craft punch to give your pumpkin two eyes and a nose.
- Now it’s time to add his trademark Halloween pumpkin smile! You could create another cardboard template for your smile shape as you did for the pumpkin shape in step one, or you could give each pumpkin an individual facial expression by freehand drawing each pumpkin’s mouth directly onto the felt.
- Once each pumpkin has a smile drawn on, you can cut these out - either freehand or using a cardboard template - to reveal a set of lovely toothy grins! If you struggle to do this using your scissors, lay each felt pumpkin flat on a cutting mat and cut out the mouth outline using a sharp craft knife.
- Now it’s time to turn them all into hanging decorations! Grab your Crop-A-Dile Eyelet & Snap Punch and use it to punch a central hole near the top of your pumpkin shape, and set an eyelet in place.
- Thread a piece of twine, ribbon or cord through this hole, and create a hanging loop by trimming the end and securing in a knot. Creep around your house subtly depositing felt pumpkins on every hook, handle and holder, until your home is positively bedecked with the spooky autumn fruit… and no-one knows quite how it happened!