"I get to do the thing I love the most- craft!"
Follow Stephanie on Facebook
Ideal World Create and Craft presenter, Stephanie Weightman, is a passionate crafter with a vast range of skills from which to choose for her lively and informative demonstrations. She looks to make craft approachable, fun and something for all the family to do and, for Stephanie, crafting is a way of life.
"From as far back as I can remember crafting has been my passion. As a child, I would spend endless hours sitting on the back door step, engrossed in making dolls' clothes out of different coloured tissue paper and making birthday cards for all my friends", says Stephanie.
After spending part of her childhood in Malta, Stephanie returned to England to attend boarding school. Following her A-levels, she knew that her path in life was to form a career that was creative. By the age of 20, Stephanie had set up her own fashion collection and textile company and, after designing beautiful embellishments for clothes, crafting soon became the main focus of her business.
In 1996, Stephanie was fortunate enough to make a collection of TV appearances, including Masterchef and Our House. She also contributed to a series with Jane Asher the cake guru. From there, Stephanie made regular guest appearances on TV shopping channels until the call came from Ideal Shopping Direct to present on their channels, Create and Craft and Ideal World.
Back to top
Q & A:
Back to top
- What did you do before IW?
- Worked in my own company.
- Most embarrassing on-screen moment?
- Most embarrassing on-screen moment? Reading Feliz Navidad in an email, and thinking it was a viewers name…
- Tell us a secret
- I recently had robins nesting in my garden and I kept it a secret.
- What’s your idea of the perfect Sunday (when you’re not working)?
- Spending it with my husband and dogs.
- Which living person do you most admire and why?
- Margaret Thatcher – she was a strong leader in a man’s world.
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself / others?
- In myself, being untidy and in others, insincerity.
- Aside from property, what’s the most expensive thing you've bought?
- My car.
- What is your guiltiest pleasure?
- Sneaking to the fridge at night!!
- What keeps you awake at night?
- Creative ideas.
- How would you like to be remembered?
- As happy.
- What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
- When life gets tough, keep smiling.
- Favourite IW/CC product?
- All craft.
- Which phrase do you overuse?
- Ask the viewers, I think they keep count!
- If you could travel back in time, which period would you visit?
- The Elizabethan times.