Genevieve Ni Reamoinn
"I adore the atmosphere of live presenting and have a real passion for fashion"
Once described as 'the Jewel from the Emerald Isle', Genevieve is a presenter with that famous Irish charm and wit.
Genevieve studied Design and Journalism at college, before moving into the world of television presenting. She has written many articles on home style and fashion and is a contributing writer and interviewer for national magazines and newspapers.
Her presenting career has taken her to both sides of the pond, from presenting daytime TV lifestyle programs to reporting from red carpet events, including the BAFTAs. She has interviewed many movie stars and film directors, such as Colin Firth, George Clooney, Sharon Stone and Colin Farrell.
Her favourite red carpet moment was when she was given a BAFTA award to hold - for a little while.
Genevieve loves the friendly atmosphere of live presenting and being part of the family at Ideal World and Create and Craft. Being able to bring her passion for journalism, television and lifestyle to present on Ideal World is a dream come true.
Outside work, Gen loves nothing better than watching her favourite TV soaps, walking her little Yorkshire terrier and shopping!
Back to top
Q & A:
Back to top
- What did you do before IW?
- Before becoming a presenter I worked in fashion and styling.
- Most embarrassing on-screen moment?
- I was interviewing a famous actor (no names) and I asked them if the award they were holding was heavy; they handed it to me and (as I didn't expect it to weigh a ton), I dropped it! It didn't break, thank goodness, but I wanted to run away and hide. I'm glad they saw the funny side.
- Tell us a secret
- I'm good at keeping secrets.
- What’s your idea of the perfect Sunday (when you’re not working)?
- Four hours at the gym, followed by a five mile walk and a little bit of Zumba in the evening... Only joking! A good sleep on the couch and some TV catch-up of all the soaps.
- Which living person do you most admire and why?
- Richard Branson, a man who has proved that self belief can achieve anything.
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself / others?
- In myself - I am a little bit OCD sometimes; in others - laziness.
- Aside from property, what’s the most expensive thing you've bought?
- My car, it's a little gem.
- What is your guiltiest pleasure?
- Shopping. I love shopping.
- How would you like to be remembered?
- Wasn't she the one who ended up with Brad Pitt, found the cure for the common cold, was awarded a Nobel Prize and then won the Lotto?
- What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
- To always remember to tell your nearest and dearest that you love them and hug them every day. You never know what fate has in store.
- Favourite IW/CC product?
- Mulberry Silk Duvets and FJD Jeans.
- Which phrase do you overuse?
- 'As well', I catch myself saying it.
- If you could travel back in time, which period would you visit?
- The Sixties for the fashion and hairstyles!